KISUMU COUNTY WELCOMES HER SECOND GOVERNOR
Thousands of Kisumu County residents turned up to witness the swearing in ceremony of Prof Anyang’ Nyong’o at the Jomo Kenyatta Sports Ground on the 21st of August,2017.
The swearing in of the Governor and his Deputy was presided over by Lady Justice Dorah Chepkwony who was assisted by Chief Magistrate Julius Ngar’ngar’.
The two were accompanied by their spouses Mrs Dorothy Nyong’o and Mrs Antonia Owili.
In his acceptance speech titled Determination is Power,Resoluteness is the Essence of Struggle translated as Kinda e Teko,Sinani e Lweny,Governor Nyong’o outlined ten (10) development points for the County in his agenda that he plans to achieve in the first 100 days in office as follows:
- Creation of city board and appointment of a city manager.
- Relocation of the Kachok dumpsite.
- Clear drainage system in the city.
- Modernization of Kibuye and Jubilee markets under Kenya Urban Project (KUP).
- Establish village councils and village administrators.
- Present a bill in the Assembly for the establishment of Kisumu County roads maintenance team.
- Take a comprehensive census of the Community health workers (Nyamrerwa) for remuneration and clear terms of service.
- Establish Kisumu economic and social council.
- Prepare an action plan for the revival of the sugar industries in the county in consultation with the national government.
- Initiate the rejuvenation of the rice industry and purchase the JICA tractors.
READ MORE ON THE DOWNLOAD
- KISUMU COUNTY PROMOTES FILM INDUSTRY: ‘ANGEL OF NYALENDA’ PREMIER LAUNCH
- THE MIGHTY K’OGALLO CROWNED CHAMPS IN KISUMU
- VILLAGE COUCILS TO BE SET UP TO DEVOLVE UNITS CLOSER TO THE PEOPLE
- NEW REGULATIONS TO BOOST SUGARCANE PRODUCTION SAYS CS
- 300M TO BAIL OUT CANE FARMERS AT CHEMELIL SUGAR COMPANY
- KISUMU COUNTY RECEIVES MEDICAL EQUIPMENT WORTH 15M FROM THE KENYA RED CROSS SOCIETY
- GOVERNOR COMMISIONS BLADE SERVER AS HE LAUNCHES ROAD UPGRADE TO IMPROVE SERVICE DELIVERY IN THE COUNTY
- LAKE REGION GOVERNORS TO PARTNER IN FOSTERING TRADE RELATIONS
- KISUMU COUNTY TO SET UP A MODERN MILK PROCESSING PLANT
- A CALL TO DEFEND THE RULE OF LAW
- NATIONAL: WORLD RABIES DAY COMMEMORATION IN KISUMU
- Kisumu Gears Up for The 2017 World Tourism Day
- EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- KISUMU COUNTY RANKS TOP IN EXCLUSIVE BREASTFEEDING
- MORE COWS, MORE MILK FOR KISUMU
- KISUMU IS NEXT IN LINE TO RECEIVE A RECORD-BREAKING INVESTMENT
- ADVERT FOR FENCING OF VARIOUS FACILITIES
- ADVERT FOR MARKET SHADES
- COTTON FARMING THRIVES IN KISUMU COUNTY
- COUNTY INVESTS 59M IN WATER EQUIPMENT
- WAIVER ON PENALTIES AND INTEREST ON PROPERTY RATES 2017
- BOOSTING NUTRITION AND INCOMES THROUGH KITCHEN GARDENING
- KISUMU COUNTY CELEBRATES WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY
- PROMOTING FOOD SECURITY AS WELL AS HEALTHY NUTRITION
- ADVERT FOR SOLAR LIGHTS TENDERS
- BRIDGING THE MILK DEFICIT
- HOPE FOR A BETTER FUTURE AS COUNTY GOVERNMENT INVESTS IN EDUCATION
- County Launches e-Trade Licencing System
- KALOKA BEACH IRRIGATION WATER PROJECT AND NDURU BEACH IRRIGATION WATER PROJECT
- Digital Literacy Graduation Day-Kisumu Sports Ground
- KISUMU COUNTY BUDGET FOR FY 2016-2017
- FRAUDULENT EMPLOYMENT DISCLAIMER
- LAUNCH OF KOMBEWA KMTC
- Ranguma launches Kshs. 100M full scholarship and bursaries programme
- Governor Commissions Ksh 32.6M Critical Care Unit at JOOTRH
- Kisumu Signs MoU with South African Municipalities
- RECONSTRUCTION OF 5 MODEL PRIMARY SCHOOLS BY KUP TO BEGIN
- THE FISCAL STRATEGY PAPER
- CITIZEN-STATE ENGAGEMENT PLATFORM (HUDUMA)PLANNING WORKSHOP FOR KISUMU COUNTY
- YOUTH & WOMEN EMPOWERMENT
- FINAL PRE-QUALIFICATION LIST 2016-2018
- THE KISUMU COUNTY FINANCE BILL 2017
- Petroleum Business Licensing Procedure
- APPLICATION FORM FOR RETAIL OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS (EXCEPT LPG)
- APPLICATION FORM FOR A LICENCE FOR RETAIL OF LPG IN CYLINDERS
- Kisumu County Draft Finance Bill 2016
- KISUMU COUNTY BUDGET FOR FY 2016-2017
- Governor's State of the County Address