GOVERNOR COMMISIONS BLADE SERVER AS HE LAUNCHES ROAD UPGRADE TO IMPROVE SERVICE DELIVERY IN THE COUNTY
Kisumu Governor Professor Anyang’ Nyong’o called for the speedy completion of projects in County stating that slow developments were weighing on the County and that contractors had no excuse for delay with funds at their disposal.
Speaking during the launch of the Kaloleni Shauri Moyo Road upgrade and the commissioning of the Blade Server, the Governor insisted that all projects should be completed on time if the residents are to benefit from them.
The upgrade of the 1.24 Km road is expected to ease the flow of transport in area and empower locals economically through job creation. According to the contractors M’Big limited, the road upgrade will cost a total of ksh73 million and is to be completed in nine months.
The City Manager Doris Ombara, reiterated that the upgrade project funded by the French Development Agency (AFD) is part of the Kisumu Urban Project (KUP), aimed at transforming the County into a world class hub. “The project, launched in 2012 was to be completed in four years and the County government’s involvement is a step in the right direction” she said.
Speaking at the City Assembly the Governor vowed to speed up efforts in modernizing the County calling on residents to be involved if they are to fully benefit from such advancements.
“We must make use of technology effectively and sensitize the locals on how to cope with such advancements", he said as he commissioned the blade server.
With 80% of the server complete the platform will integrate multiple modules into a central unit to ease the level of access and improve the quality of service to residents. The establishment of a data center capable of working on a 24-hour timeline will allow citizen participation and offer real time updates on the county’s affairs.
According to The Governor his government is working to improve the living conditions by addressing key areas: Water, Public Health, Sanitation and Environmental Management are some of the areas the he vowed to transform in the County.
In his closing remarks the Governor appealed to village councils to address the destructive behavior in their areas arguing that such acts were destroying infrastructural developments, adding that such damages were costly to repair and elaborate measures should be tabled to transform the destructive habit.
By: Mikwa Emily and Collins Owuor
- ‘MORE PLATFORMS NEEDED TO ADDRESS ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION,’ SAYS CEC
- GOVERNOR LAUNCHES A 30M MILK COOLING PLANT IN MUHURONI
- KISUMU COUNTY COMMITS TO RADICAL CHANGE IN HEALTH SERVICES AND DELIVERY
- COUNTY EXECUTIVES FINALLY SWORN-IN
- DEVELOPING AN INTEGRATED CHANGE PROJECT FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP
- KISUMU COUNTY EMERGES THIRD IN KICOSCA GAMES
- KISUMU COUNTY TAKES POSITION 3 IN THE OVERALL INTER-COUNTY GAMES
- KISUMU CULTURAL FESTIVAL
- KISUMU COUNTY PROMOTES FILM INDUSTRY: ‘ANGEL OF NYALENDA’ PREMIER LAUNCH
- THE MIGHTY K’OGALLO CROWNED CHAMPS IN KISUMU
- VILLAGE COUCILS TO BE SET UP TO DEVOLVE UNITS CLOSER TO THE PEOPLE
- NEW REGULATIONS TO BOOST SUGARCANE PRODUCTION SAYS CS
- KISUMU COUNTY RECEIVES MEDICAL EQUIPMENT WORTH 15M FROM THE KENYA RED CROSS SOCIETY
- LAKE REGION GOVERNORS TO PARTNER IN FOSTERING TRADE RELATIONS
- KISUMU COUNTY TO SET UP A MODERN MILK PROCESSING PLANT
- A CALL TO DEFEND THE RULE OF LAW
- NATIONAL: WORLD RABIES DAY COMMEMORATION IN KISUMU
- Kisumu Gears Up for The 2017 World Tourism Day
- EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- WAIVER ON PENALTIES AND INTEREST ON PROPERTY RATES 2017
- BOOSTING NUTRITION AND INCOMES THROUGH KITCHEN GARDENING
- KISUMU COUNTY CELEBRATES WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY
- PROMOTING FOOD SECURITY AS WELL AS HEALTHY NUTRITION
- ADVERT FOR SOLAR LIGHTS TENDERS
- BRIDGING THE MILK DEFICIT
- HOPE FOR A BETTER FUTURE AS COUNTY GOVERNMENT INVESTS IN EDUCATION
- County Launches e-Trade Licencing System
- KALOKA BEACH IRRIGATION WATER PROJECT AND NDURU BEACH IRRIGATION WATER PROJECT
- Digital Literacy Graduation Day-Kisumu Sports Ground
- KISUMU COUNTY BUDGET FOR FY 2016-2017
- FRAUDULENT EMPLOYMENT DISCLAIMER
- LAUNCH OF KOMBEWA KMTC
- Ranguma launches Kshs. 100M full scholarship and bursaries programme
- Governor Commissions Ksh 32.6M Critical Care Unit at JOOTRH
- Kisumu Signs MoU with South African Municipalities
- RECONSTRUCTION OF 5 MODEL PRIMARY SCHOOLS BY KUP TO BEGIN
- THE FISCAL STRATEGY PAPER
- CITIZEN-STATE ENGAGEMENT PLATFORM (HUDUMA)PLANNING WORKSHOP FOR KISUMU COUNTY
- YOUTH & WOMEN EMPOWERMENT
- FINAL PRE-QUALIFICATION LIST 2016-2018
- THE KISUMU COUNTY FINANCE BILL 2017
- Petroleum Business Licensing Procedure
- APPLICATION FORM FOR RETAIL OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS (EXCEPT LPG)
- APPLICATION FORM FOR A LICENCE FOR RETAIL OF LPG IN CYLINDERS
- Kisumu County Draft Finance Bill 2016
- KISUMU COUNTY BUDGET FOR FY 2016-2017
- Governor's State of the County Address