KISUMU COUNTY EMERGES THIRD IN KICOSCA GAMES
Kisumu County sports team beat set targets to emerge third overall at the concluded Kenya Inter-County Sports and Cultural Association (KICOSCA) games held in Machakos County.
The annual event held on 19th -26th of November attracted hundreds of participants from different counties, all battling to take the coveted top slot. The Kisumu team comprising of 15 disciplines took the completion by storm emerging in the top three positions in ten categories.
In basketball,netball,table tennis and ajua competitions the team emerged second narrowly losing to Nairobi County who emerged victors in said categories.
According to the team leader Pamela Iro the team gave their all and the podium finish we attained was no mean feat,we trained hard and sacrificed a lot in the process.” Beating 34 other counties was testament of our commitment”, Said Mrs. Iro
Flanked by the team manager Dominic Mwalo and sports Chair Joseph oulale they thanked the county government for their support in ensuring the team emerged victorious.
In athletics,football and draft the team emerged third in their respective categories a fete that boosted their overall standings in the competition. Singing their way to the finals the choir team emerged second in a tightly contested affair.
The women team did not disappoint either as they outmuscled opponents in the tag of war categories with the men team repeating the heroics of their female counterparts.
Machakos the host county emerged victorious with Nairobi and Kisumu counties emerging second and third respectively in the overall categories.
By Collins Owuor
- ‘MORE PLATFORMS NEEDED TO ADDRESS ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION,’ SAYS CEC
- GOVERNOR LAUNCHES A 30M MILK COOLING PLANT IN MUHURONI
- KISUMU COUNTY COMMITS TO RADICAL CHANGE IN HEALTH SERVICES AND DELIVERY
- COUNTY EXECUTIVES FINALLY SWORN-IN
- DEVELOPING AN INTEGRATED CHANGE PROJECT FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP
- KISUMU COUNTY TAKES POSITION 3 IN THE OVERALL INTER-COUNTY GAMES
- KISUMU CULTURAL FESTIVAL
- KISUMU COUNTY PROMOTES FILM INDUSTRY: ‘ANGEL OF NYALENDA’ PREMIER LAUNCH
- THE MIGHTY K’OGALLO CROWNED CHAMPS IN KISUMU
- VILLAGE COUCILS TO BE SET UP TO DEVOLVE UNITS CLOSER TO THE PEOPLE
- NEW REGULATIONS TO BOOST SUGARCANE PRODUCTION SAYS CS
- KISUMU COUNTY RECEIVES MEDICAL EQUIPMENT WORTH 15M FROM THE KENYA RED CROSS SOCIETY
- GOVERNOR COMMISIONS BLADE SERVER AS HE LAUNCHES ROAD UPGRADE TO IMPROVE SERVICE DELIVERY IN THE COUNTY
- LAKE REGION GOVERNORS TO PARTNER IN FOSTERING TRADE RELATIONS
- KISUMU COUNTY TO SET UP A MODERN MILK PROCESSING PLANT
- A CALL TO DEFEND THE RULE OF LAW
- NATIONAL: WORLD RABIES DAY COMMEMORATION IN KISUMU
- Kisumu Gears Up for The 2017 World Tourism Day
- EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- WAIVER ON PENALTIES AND INTEREST ON PROPERTY RATES 2017
- BOOSTING NUTRITION AND INCOMES THROUGH KITCHEN GARDENING
- KISUMU COUNTY CELEBRATES WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY
- PROMOTING FOOD SECURITY AS WELL AS HEALTHY NUTRITION
- ADVERT FOR SOLAR LIGHTS TENDERS
- BRIDGING THE MILK DEFICIT
- HOPE FOR A BETTER FUTURE AS COUNTY GOVERNMENT INVESTS IN EDUCATION
- County Launches e-Trade Licencing System
- KALOKA BEACH IRRIGATION WATER PROJECT AND NDURU BEACH IRRIGATION WATER PROJECT
- Digital Literacy Graduation Day-Kisumu Sports Ground
- KISUMU COUNTY BUDGET FOR FY 2016-2017
- FRAUDULENT EMPLOYMENT DISCLAIMER
- LAUNCH OF KOMBEWA KMTC
- Ranguma launches Kshs. 100M full scholarship and bursaries programme
- Governor Commissions Ksh 32.6M Critical Care Unit at JOOTRH
- Kisumu Signs MoU with South African Municipalities
- RECONSTRUCTION OF 5 MODEL PRIMARY SCHOOLS BY KUP TO BEGIN
- THE FISCAL STRATEGY PAPER
- CITIZEN-STATE ENGAGEMENT PLATFORM (HUDUMA)PLANNING WORKSHOP FOR KISUMU COUNTY
- YOUTH & WOMEN EMPOWERMENT
- FINAL PRE-QUALIFICATION LIST 2016-2018
- THE KISUMU COUNTY FINANCE BILL 2017
- Petroleum Business Licensing Procedure
- APPLICATION FORM FOR RETAIL OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS (EXCEPT LPG)
- APPLICATION FORM FOR A LICENCE FOR RETAIL OF LPG IN CYLINDERS
- Kisumu County Draft Finance Bill 2016
- KISUMU COUNTY BUDGET FOR FY 2016-2017
- Governor's State of the County Address