Focus On Development Not Politics, Deputy Governor Urges County Leaders
Kisumu County Deputy Governor Dr. Mathew Owili has lashed out at leaders undermining his administration urging them to resign if they can’t deliver their mandates.
Speaking in Nyamasaria during the groundbreaking ceremony of the of 2.1km Manyatta -sije road,Dr. Owili urged county leaders to shun politics and prioritize development.
The road being constructed to bitumen standard, at a total cost of ksh99 million is expected to be complete in nine months. with residents having high expectations regarding the development.
Ready for development.
According to the deputy governor, the County Government of Kisumu is fully committed on delivering to the people and the road construction is the first of many projects the county has up lined to spur economic development.
“we have a serious engagement with investors and we will stop at nothing on delivering the manifesto we promised”. Said Dr. Owili
Development he said was key in improving the livelihoods of residents and they should expect nothing but service delivery from his administration.
Speaking at the event City manager Doris Ombara hailed the construction as historical,assuring residents that the road would bring an end to flooding problems troubling the area.
The road she said was part of the local urban detailed urban planning and the Kisumu urban project financed at a cost of ksh230 million by the French development agency.
“With developments underway in the county constructions on sewer lines is prohibited and all stakeholders have a role to play in ensuring that development projects kick off smoothly. Said Ombara
In show of support Nyando legislator Jared Okeyo,Manyatta B,Member of county assembly (MCA)Pamela Odhiambo,Chief executive Trade energy and Industrialization,Hon. Alice Moraa,Health and sanitation’s,Dr. Rosemary Obara,Economic planning and development, Hon. Richard Ogendo and his physical planning counterpart,Hon. Nelly Achier.
The leaders vowed to shun politics,promising residents that they were on track in delivering the pledges they promised.
By Collins Owuor
- 25 MORE ECD CENTRES BENEFIT FROM THE SOUTH KOREAN DONATION OF LEARNING MATERIALS
- Kisumu County Holds the County Integrated Development Plan II (CIDP) 2018-2022
- Weekly Newsletter
- Kisumu County Pioneer Football Team
- South Korea Education Delegation’s Visit to Kisumu County
- A Football Club to Uplift Skills and Talents Among Kisumu County Youths
- Weekly Newsletter
- CELEBRATIONS ROCKS STREETS AS SUPPORTER’S WELCOME PETITION DISMISSAL
- Governor's Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Weekly Newsletter
- Amsha Ball Tournament
- Isuza’s Late Goal Sends Kenya to The Finals as Matasi’s Display Bags Stars CECAFA
- Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu Unveils The 2nd Outreach Clinic
- ‘MORE PLATFORMS NEEDED TO ADDRESS ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION,’ SAYS CEC
- KISUMU COUNTY COMMITS TO RADICAL CHANGE IN HEALTH SERVICES AND DELIVERY
- COUNTY EXECUTIVES FINALLY SWORN-IN
- DEVELOPING AN INTEGRATED CHANGE PROJECT FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP
- KISUMU COUNTY EMERGES THIRD IN KICOSCA GAMES
- KISUMU COUNTY TAKES POSITION 3 IN THE OVERALL INTER-COUNTY GAMES
- KISUMU CULTURAL FESTIVAL
- KISUMU COUNTY PROMOTES FILM INDUSTRY: ‘ANGEL OF NYALENDA’ PREMIER LAUNCH
- THE MIGHTY K’OGALLO CROWNED CHAMPS IN KISUMU
- VILLAGE COUCILS TO BE SET UP TO DEVOLVE UNITS CLOSER TO THE PEOPLE
- NEW REGULATIONS TO BOOST SUGARCANE PRODUCTION SAYS CS
- KISUMU COUNTY RECEIVES MEDICAL EQUIPMENT WORTH 15M FROM THE KENYA RED CROSS SOCIETY
- GOVERNOR COMMISIONS BLADE SERVER AS HE LAUNCHES ROAD UPGRADE TO IMPROVE SERVICE DELIVERY IN THE COUNTY
- LAKE REGION GOVERNORS TO PARTNER IN FOSTERING TRADE RELATIONS
- KISUMU COUNTY TO SET UP A MODERN MILK PROCESSING PLANT
- A CALL TO DEFEND THE RULE OF LAW
- NATIONAL: WORLD RABIES DAY COMMEMORATION IN KISUMU
- Kisumu Gears Up for The 2017 World Tourism Day
- EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- WAIVER ON PENALTIES AND INTEREST ON PROPERTY RATES 2017
- BOOSTING NUTRITION AND INCOMES THROUGH KITCHEN GARDENING
- KISUMU COUNTY CELEBRATES WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY
- PROMOTING FOOD SECURITY AS WELL AS HEALTHY NUTRITION
- ADVERT FOR SOLAR LIGHTS TENDERS
- BRIDGING THE MILK DEFICIT
- HOPE FOR A BETTER FUTURE AS COUNTY GOVERNMENT INVESTS IN EDUCATION
- County Launches e-Trade Licencing System
- KALOKA BEACH IRRIGATION WATER PROJECT AND NDURU BEACH IRRIGATION WATER PROJECT
- Digital Literacy Graduation Day-Kisumu Sports Ground
- KISUMU COUNTY BUDGET FOR FY 2016-2017
- FRAUDULENT EMPLOYMENT DISCLAIMER
- LAUNCH OF KOMBEWA KMTC
- Ranguma launches Kshs. 100M full scholarship and bursaries programme
- Governor Commissions Ksh 32.6M Critical Care Unit at JOOTRH
- Kisumu Signs MoU with South African Municipalities
- RECONSTRUCTION OF 5 MODEL PRIMARY SCHOOLS BY KUP TO BEGIN
- THE FISCAL STRATEGY PAPER
- CITIZEN-STATE ENGAGEMENT PLATFORM (HUDUMA)PLANNING WORKSHOP FOR KISUMU COUNTY
- YOUTH & WOMEN EMPOWERMENT
- Human Resource for Health Operational Manual
- User Guide On Employee Relations for The Health Sector in Kenya
- Quarterly Individual Performance Report
- Unit Evaluation Reporting Form
- Kisumu Human Resources for Health Dashboard
- County health Management Team and Sub-County health Management-Job Descriptions Handbook
- JOOTRH Job Descriptions
- Individual Work Plan Form