County Launches e-Trade Licencing System
County Government of Kisumu has launched the E- Trade licensing system,a landmark initiative that will boost our revenue collection and ease the process of doing business by enhancing accountability,transparency and efficiency.
The journey to automate the county’s business systems began in October 2015 when, with the support of the World Bank,we launched the e-construction permit system.
This initiative has revolutionised plan approval process thereby bringing a lot of benefits to the developers and the county as a whole.
To the developers it has improved the speed of permit issuance,reduced cost,increased transparency and enhanced access to information.
To the county,it has increased efficiency,fostered good practice in the industry,improved inspection process,management and resulted to better enforcement of construction laws and regulations.
Recent World bank report on ease of doing business in Kenya, ranked Kisumu as the best County to do business.
Besides promoting an environment that encourages external investment,today,Kisumu is the only county in Kenya where you can get the fastest approval for your building plans.Devoid of bureaucracies,our digital system has reduced the human tendency to delay processes.
The launch of Electronic Trade Licensing System marks another milestone in transforming the way business is conducted in Kisumu.
- The Electronic Trade Licensing System (formerly known as the Single Business Permit - e-SBP) is an automated web-based system used to process applications for the issuance of trade licenses and the Public Health Certificate to new businesses and their renewal for existing businesses.
- The business fraternity operating within the City of Kisumu can now be able to access and submit both Trade License and Public Health Certificate application forms through the system from anywhere in the world.
- The system can be accessed online and the roll-out of the system will begin with the City of Kisumu as the County Government puts in place the necessary infrastructure for its roll-out in the Sub-Counties.
- The Kisumu Trade License serves to regulate business enterprises operating within the County. All businesses operating from permanent premises, must comply with Trade Licensing requirements.
- The County Government of Kisumu has worked in collaboration with the World Bank Group to design, develop, test and deploy the online system for Trade Licensing.
- In order to ensure sustainability of the reform, the collaboration included a component on capacity building of key staff on basic ICT competence and system specific trainings.
- The overall objective of this system is to encourage business creation, reduce the cost of doing business and attract more private investment in the county.
- Applicants will save time and money associated with manual applications such as travelling to the County office, long queues
- Applicants will be able to download the permits at the convenience of their offices, homes or cyber cafes
- Increased compliance and enforcement of Trade License will improve public health and safety by ensuring that businesses operate in a way that protects and safeguards the environment as well as the wellbeing of the general public.
It is in this regard that the County Government has officially banned manual receipting system for single business permits with immediate effect as we usher in the automated system.
Visit www.eservices.kisumu.go.ke to access the services
- ‘MORE PLATFORMS NEEDED TO ADDRESS ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION,’ SAYS CEC
- GOVERNOR LAUNCHES A 30M MILK COOLING PLANT IN MUHURONI
- KISUMU COUNTY COMMITS TO RADICAL CHANGE IN HEALTH SERVICES AND DELIVERY
- COUNTY EXECUTIVES FINALLY SWORN-IN
- DEVELOPING AN INTEGRATED CHANGE PROJECT FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP
- KISUMU COUNTY EMERGES THIRD IN KICOSCA GAMES
- KISUMU COUNTY TAKES POSITION 3 IN THE OVERALL INTER-COUNTY GAMES
- KISUMU CULTURAL FESTIVAL
- KISUMU COUNTY PROMOTES FILM INDUSTRY: ‘ANGEL OF NYALENDA’ PREMIER LAUNCH
- THE MIGHTY K’OGALLO CROWNED CHAMPS IN KISUMU
- VILLAGE COUCILS TO BE SET UP TO DEVOLVE UNITS CLOSER TO THE PEOPLE
- NEW REGULATIONS TO BOOST SUGARCANE PRODUCTION SAYS CS
- KISUMU COUNTY RECEIVES MEDICAL EQUIPMENT WORTH 15M FROM THE KENYA RED CROSS SOCIETY
- GOVERNOR COMMISIONS BLADE SERVER AS HE LAUNCHES ROAD UPGRADE TO IMPROVE SERVICE DELIVERY IN THE COUNTY
- LAKE REGION GOVERNORS TO PARTNER IN FOSTERING TRADE RELATIONS
- KISUMU COUNTY TO SET UP A MODERN MILK PROCESSING PLANT
- A CALL TO DEFEND THE RULE OF LAW
- NATIONAL: WORLD RABIES DAY COMMEMORATION IN KISUMU
- Kisumu Gears Up for The 2017 World Tourism Day
- EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- WAIVER ON PENALTIES AND INTEREST ON PROPERTY RATES 2017
- BOOSTING NUTRITION AND INCOMES THROUGH KITCHEN GARDENING
- KISUMU COUNTY CELEBRATES WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY
- PROMOTING FOOD SECURITY AS WELL AS HEALTHY NUTRITION
- ADVERT FOR SOLAR LIGHTS TENDERS
- BRIDGING THE MILK DEFICIT
- HOPE FOR A BETTER FUTURE AS COUNTY GOVERNMENT INVESTS IN EDUCATION
- KALOKA BEACH IRRIGATION WATER PROJECT AND NDURU BEACH IRRIGATION WATER PROJECT
- Digital Literacy Graduation Day-Kisumu Sports Ground
- KISUMU COUNTY BUDGET FOR FY 2016-2017
- FRAUDULENT EMPLOYMENT DISCLAIMER
- LAUNCH OF KOMBEWA KMTC
- Ranguma launches Kshs. 100M full scholarship and bursaries programme
- Governor Commissions Ksh 32.6M Critical Care Unit at JOOTRH
- Kisumu Signs MoU with South African Municipalities
- RECONSTRUCTION OF 5 MODEL PRIMARY SCHOOLS BY KUP TO BEGIN
- THE FISCAL STRATEGY PAPER
- CITIZEN-STATE ENGAGEMENT PLATFORM (HUDUMA)PLANNING WORKSHOP FOR KISUMU COUNTY
- YOUTH & WOMEN EMPOWERMENT
- FINAL PRE-QUALIFICATION LIST 2016-2018
- THE KISUMU COUNTY FINANCE BILL 2017
- Petroleum Business Licensing Procedure
- APPLICATION FORM FOR RETAIL OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS (EXCEPT LPG)
- APPLICATION FORM FOR A LICENCE FOR RETAIL OF LPG IN CYLINDERS
- Kisumu County Draft Finance Bill 2016
- KISUMU COUNTY BUDGET FOR FY 2016-2017
- Governor's State of the County Address