The County Government of Kisumu successfully decommissioned Kachok dumpsite, and is in the process of developing an Integrated Waste Management Facility 20 km away from CBD in Ombeyi Ward, Muhoroni Sub-County. The County generates approx. 600 tonnes mixed household waste, and another significant amount from County Fresh Produce Markets. The collection rate is approximated at 30%.
2. Scope of Work
Design, Build, Finance, Operate and Maintain (the “DBFOM”) a Waste Management Plant on a Collaboration Agreement basis at an agreed concession period for management of a stream or streams of Municipal Solid Waste. Under this model, the entire investment for Designing, setting up of the Waste Management Plant, including operation and running and maintenance expenditure of the Plant shall be borne by the selected Company / Agency for the entire tenure of the contract/agreement.
The preferred Company/ agency shall supply operate and maintain the facility in compliance with all applicable Government policies, legislation and regulations. The other products, produced if any, shall be sold or supplied by the Company/Agency on their own.
3. Eligibility Criteria
The County Government of Kisumu, through the directorate of Environment and Natural Resources, invites interested investors (individual or consortium), both local and international, who are familiar with the industry to express their interest in providing the services by submitting information on their commercial and technical capability. In the case of a consortium, the lead agency may express their interest on behalf of the consortium. The Expression of interest (EOI) must be accompanied by certified copies of the following documents which will be submitted alongside the company profile in the English language:
a) Copies of certificate of incorporation/ business registration;
b) Copies of PIN and Tax compliance certificates OR equivalent
c) Relevant factory operating licenses;
d) A copy of the company profile,
e) Further demonstration of the capability to deliver the services, including:
• Resource capability,
• Experience in developing and operating similar field
• References attesting to its activities in the energy sector
The Company profile must include a brief proposal on the intended management approach which must cover the following areas:
I. A brief introduction of the Firm including Company Profile
II. Past experience of your Firm and partners if any
III. Preferred waste Stream and Proposed Solution
IV. The approach to actualizing the solution in Kisumu County
V. A Clear Funding Mechanism including recommendations
VI. Expected Roles of Bidder & County Government
VII. Implementation Action Plan in Gantt Chart Format
VIII. Any other information that you deem relevant
Shortlisting of bidders for subsequent processes shall be based on the above information.
4. This EOI is open to any appropriate technology that may provide a sustainable solution to either or both streams of; Organic Waste and inorganic waste (Plastic, Paper, Fabric, diapers and tyres waste)
5. Your EOI shall be deposited in the Tender Box marked “KISUMU COUNTY” Tender Box” at the prosperity house, 2nd floor, Kisumu, Kenya and be addressed to:
County Government of Kisumu
P.O. Box 2738 – 40100, Kisumu
So as to be received not later than 12.00 noon on 31st October 2022
6. The proposal shall be clearly marked: EOI No CGK/ENVR/2022-2023/001…………………….and Title.
7. The proposals will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who wish to attend on the same day starting immediately after 12.01pm (Kenyan time) at prosperity house, 2nd floor.
8. For any additional information, please contact the County Secretary on email: email@example.com.
- CATEGORY EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)